This is an interesting group of books I bought at an estate auction in Cecil County, MD ten or fifteen years ago. Each bears a small pasted label inside the front cover identifying them as once belonging to the "Library of Nottingham, Preparative Meeting of Friends", located in present-day Rising Sun, Maryland. Left to right according to first photo:
1) Evans, Thomas. A Concise Account of the Religious Society of Friends, Commonly Called Quakers; Embracing a Sketch of their Christian Doctrines and Practices. Philadelphia: For Sale at Friends' Book Store, 84 Arch Street. 1856.
2) Lewis, Enoch. Essay on Baptism; Shewing that the Baptism of the SPirit, and Not with Water, is the True Christian Baptism. Philadelphia: Uriah Hunt, Nathan Kite. 1839.
3) Some Account of the Life and Religious Labours of Samuel Neale. Philadelphia: James P. Parke. 1806.
4) Lewis, Enoch. A Dissertation on Oaths. [Philadelphia]: Uriah Hunt, Nathan Kite. 1839. (This volume has a manuscript presentation to the Friends' library instead of the printed one.)
5) Barclay, Robert. A Treatise on Church Government. Formerly called Anarchy of the Ranters, &c. Being a Two-Fold Apology for the Church and People of God, Called, In Derision, Quakers. Philadelphia: Joseph Rakestraw. 1830. (Diagonal chip to pages 1-3 barely affecting text and not affecting legibility.)
6) Barclay, Robert. A Catechism and Confession of Faith, approved of and agreed unto by the General Assembly of the Patriarchs, Prophets, and Apostles, Christ himself Chief Speaker in and among them. Philadelphia: Joseph Rakestraw. 1834.
7) Tract Association of Friends, n.d, Nos 33-65 bound together.
8) Penn, William. A Brief Account of the Rise and Progress of the People Called Quakers. Philadelphia: Joseph Rakestraw. 1816. (Moderate foxing throughout, spine repaired with tape.
Terms: My listings are priced to include the option to split the purchase price into three payments (Purchase - 30 days - 60 days) as well as professional pack-and-ship or delivery for larger items. If you plan on paying in one installment and making pick-up or delivery arrangements yourself, please inquire for trade pricing. If you have something in mind that isn't covered above, feel free to get in touch - creativity is encouraged.
|Dealer||John Chaski, Inc.|
|Inventory||View Dealer's Inventory|
|Contact||John Chaski, 302-448-6492 or firstname.lastname@example.org|